Respect Code of Conduct for Players
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game. As a player you have a big part to play. That’s why Pride Park Juniors expects every player to follow the Respect Code of Conduct.
When playing football I will:
· Always play and train to the best of my ability and remember football is a team game to be enjoyed.
· Play fairly – I won’t cheat, complain or waste time or use violent play or bad language.
· Respect my team mates, the other team, the referee and my coach/manager.
· Play by the rules as directed by the referee and never argue with the referee or any official.
· Always accept victory modestly and defeat graciously, and shake hands with my opponents and the referee at the end of the game.
· Listen and respond to what my coach/team manager tells me.
· Talk to someone I trust or the club welfare officer if I am unhappy about anything at my club.
· Be punctual at all times and give my coach/manager as much notice as possible when I will not be available for training or matches.
· Wear the kit supplied all times for the activity being attended and Wear shin pads for both playing and training. Look after the kit supplied and keep it well laundered and in good condition. I will report any wear to the team manager.
· Never eat or chew during training or matches.
· Always inform the coach or manager if I have an injury.
· Not wear jewellery of any kind at training or in matches. I understand that if do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, Derbyshire County FA or the FA. I may:
· Be required to apologise to my team-mates, the other team, referee or team manager.
· Receive a formal warning from the coach or the club committee.
· Be dropped or substituted.
· Be suspended from training.
· Be required to leave the club In addition:
· My club, Derbyshire County FA or the FA may make my parents aware of any infringement of the Code of Conduct.
· The FA/Derbyshire County FA could impose a fine and/or suspension against my club.